I am the black lamb in my herd....I am a wolf in sheep's blogging.....Welcome to the dark side of the sheep.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Driven to Still Dead Silence

It's been a hard days night and I've been working like a dog... Saturday morning: I had a fairly stress free night at the group home and am looking forward to start the day after making the boys breakfast.
The great thing that I have long forgot about school is that how it forces you to look at things that normally you wouldn't, which are often hidden gems or on some level speaks to you or drives you to look at mundane things a little differently.
Thought I would start the day off with some light assigned reading: Shawn Lemay's Still, Dead, Silent for our Creative Writning class. I must say wasn't overly excited to read it and had no idea what it was going to be about but I thoroughly enjoyed it. What a great take on still life painting, with great factual anecdotes and a wonderful use of imagery and language. Glad it was assigned because I am sure nothing would have drove me to read it otherwise. Hope my fellow CreCommers also enjoy it and are having a great start to their weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment