I am the black lamb in my herd....I am a wolf in sheep's blogging.....Welcome to the dark side of the sheep.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Win Kissed Goodbye, Love Never Lost: A Spormance story



While the Manitoba Moose kissed a win goodbye at Tuesday night’s  AHL hockey game where 6,572 were in attendance, Verne Frantz kissed his wife Isobel of 55 years to a good night.   There may have been no scoring by the Moose where Eddie Lack was named the first star of the game, but there was also no lack of excitement or scoring in section 111.
“The lady in front of us caught a puck,” says Verne. “Well it actually fell at her feet, but when she picked it up she gave it to the little boy a few seats down, it really made his night.
            The young boy clenched the puck in his hand while jumping up and down with a grin from ear to ear while Verne gave Isobel a gentle squeeze as they watched the Moose scramble to make a clear shot.
By the third period the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins were leading the Manitoba Moose 2-0 and when section 111 began to bubble with excitement Isobel Frantz looked up to see her face on the jumbotron.  Verne gave his wife a soft kiss that scored hard with hockey fans and they were awarded the Don’s Photo smooch of the game.
“ It really caught me off guard, I never win anything,” blushes Isobel.
The Frantz’s come to six Moose games a year when their brother-in-law can’t attend but when the Winnipeg Jets used to fly across the ice in the old arena they were season ticket holders.
“I would like to see them return here, but I don’t think that will happen,” says Isobel.
While Verne and Isobel have shared many warm nights watching quick movements and maneuvers on ice, they first fell in love at a dance in Starbuck where they went to school together.
“I’m a little bit older than him,” says Isobel as she nudges Verne with a smile. “Verne was very persistent and romantic in wooing me and I still feel the same way as the first day I fell in love with him.”

Inside the envelope that was awarded to Verne and Isobel for best kiss was a gift certificate for $20, but to see love like that in this day at their age is priceless. 


I feel like I have been cheating EWE, my followers as of late with just posting my last few J assignments, more riveting things such as my thoughts of what has happened in Japan and how I want to help coming soon.

Blah Blah Blog Sheep. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment