I am the black lamb in my herd....I am a wolf in sheep's blogging.....Welcome to the dark side of the sheep.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Best Heartbreak Ever



I've loved and lost and lost the girl even before I got a chance to love her, even if in fact I already did.

But it was a Tuesday night, on March 29 where I experienced my best Heartbreak ever.

When it comes to the sheep of cover bands Brian James is a shepherd, the beau of an outstanding CreCommrade of mine led a Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Tribute band  at the Park Theatre.

It was outstanding, I was free falling in love with them right from the get go.  James, captured the true essence of Tom in every breath that he exhaled in to my Tuesday night eargasm.

If you were to close your eyes, you would think you were in front of the real deal. But let me assure you this band is the real deal.

Not only does James belt out the pretty Petty vocals but his band is also amazing and the irony is, is that you will feel anything but heartbroken after seeing them.

Jeremy, a very talented blind musician played two different guitars and the keyboard, and at one point during the show James referred to him as Roy Orbison which is both a compliment to Jeremy and Orbison. To watch him play was divine, the guitars lain across his lap as he beat and plucked on it like the kid from the movie August Rush. I was in awe.

The drummer was from New York and the other guitar player also had his own band and together they made beautiful music, no pun intended.

It was a small crowd, but that only spoke in volumes about the people that missed out. If the name Brian James & the Tigers crosses your path, I highly recommend you check them out.

Surrounded by good people, as I downed cool beers while intoxicated by even cooler music, it was the best Tuesday night this cat has had in a while.

A night filled with toe tappin, sing along favorites, James and the band ended it off with the hit Even the losers get lucky sometimes which not only made my head bob, but also restored me with hope as I hold out for luck; whether it be in life or love or both.

This is a concert review from me to EWE

Blah Blah Blog Sheep Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment